Ancients of Old
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As times become more dire, dragons and humans alike arise to claim back the Artefacts. Are you going to join them in these endeavors, or will you join the Ancients?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» This isn't a crystallography book
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Ignacia Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:49 pm

» A Lost Wandering [Private/Razakath]
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Vyllaea Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm

» Sly, the Bladed Apothecary [WIP]
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Sly Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:48 pm

» Vyllaea Ylldra
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Sly Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 pm

» Grim [WIP]
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Grim Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

» Ziwuth Creaw
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Ziwuth Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 am

» Svari of the Woods [WIP]
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Svari Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:31 am

» Daemian Chayim
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Daemian Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 pm

» Razakath the Eternal Fire
General Rules (v 1.01) Emptyby Mythryl Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 16 on Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Most active topic starters
Mediator
General Rules (v 1.01) I_vote_lcapGeneral Rules (v 1.01) I_voting_barGeneral Rules (v 1.01) I_vote_rcap 
Mythryl
General Rules (v 1.01) I_vote_lcapGeneral Rules (v 1.01) I_voting_barGeneral Rules (v 1.01) I_vote_rcap 
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Grim
Sly
Vokul
Razakath
Daemian
Svari
Top posters
Mythryl
Mediator
Rihzome
Vyllaea
Razakath
Ignacia
Sly
Daemian
Svari
Ziwuth

General Rules (v 1.01)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mediator

Mediator

General Rules (v 1.01) Empty
PostSubject: General Rules (v 1.01)   General Rules (v 1.01) EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Greetings Newcomers,

Welcome to the Ancients of Old RP forum, where you get to create your own dragons and RP with other dragonlovers and (maybe) make new friends. Even though we are a pretty casual RP site, we still indeed have to enforce a few rules. Here, I will discuss the general rules of the site, which means this WILL apply throughout the site, not just the chatbox. Keep in mind, this topic will probably never be finalised and is subjected to change indefinitely. The rules published here will be the most common rules, and the least common will be kept in secret within the staff as Unspoken Rules. But don't worry, these rules are rarely broken compared to those listed below. As long as you aren't doing anything fishy, we won't have a word with you. In the event where multiple users have broken an Unspoken Rule, we will publish that rule publicly as an update. Otherwise, we won't post any Unspoken Rules publicly because we don't want to discourage any users with a wall of rules and what not to do. We will be sending PMs to everyone in case we have made any substantial changes. The rules may be daunting at first, but as long as you are polite and welcoming to everyone here, you should be fine.

If you have broken a rule on accident, don't worry. We will give you a friendly notification. We will only start doing something if the rules are broken repeatedly.

General Rules

• ALWAYS obey the staff. Enough said. The reason is simple. We are trying to enforce the rules and are doing what is best for everyone involved. If you are having issues with how a certain staff member is acting, please send a PM to another staff member and convey your concerns to them. Do NOT challenge a staff member's authority in a public environment.

• Keep this site PG. This simply means do NOT post any content that is rated mature and above. There should be absolutely no adult content, including gore or any sexual contents. Triggering subjects, including depression, politics or anything that is making anyone uncomfortable are also banned, as we want this site to be a friendly environment for all people. Some mature contents, including blood and swearing are allowed but must be kept at a minimum.

• Be polite. This means no arguing, no flaming, no flooding, no spamming, no meaningless posts on a topic, no advertising in inappropriate places, no putting down other members in any ways, no bullying, no harassment, no discriminating others, no barging into private topics uninvited etc. Basically, respect all your peers and think before you do anything. The same goes for PMs to other members. If a user is harassing you via PMs or making you uncomfortable, please report this to the staff team immediately. If you are unsure, feel free to ask the staff or frequent users for directions.

• Shadow moderating is prohibited. This means pretending you are a staff member and calling out someone for breaking the rules, in addition to intimidating them with the fear of being penalised. Although you think you are doing the right thing, it can still put that person down if it is done in a very inappropriate manner, and therefore scare them away from this site. If you notice someone breaking a rule, the best you can do is point them towards the rules or give them the link to the rules.

• Have fun! This is basically a place where you can relax and either RP with other people of the community with your dragons or have a chat with them over the chatbox whenever you are bored.

--

UPDATES

[v 1.01]

• A rule moved to Unspoken.
  • Edits made to the opening paragraphs

--

If you have any questions about the rules, or just anything about the site, feel free to drop a staff member a message, either in PMs or through the chatbox. The staff will do all they can to help and give you the best possible experience in the site.

Good luck, and enjoy!
Back to top Go down

General Rules (v 1.01)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ancients of Old :: Information :: Rules and General Information-
Jump to: